Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s camera not working

My 4s iphone camera doesn't work anymore. just see a black screen, can still see function buttons. camera button doesn't work. Video button turns on but cannot turn off...etc

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 12:20 PM

Hi there,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2802

-Griff W.

10 replies

Jan 16, 2014 2:58 PM in response to Mukmaus

First before you go off chasing rabbits, if you have anything buggy about your phone especially dealing with the camera or audio do not do anything else until you have rebooted it. 99% of the time this will fix your problem and you will not have to go through a lot of unnessecary troubleshooting. Just turn it off for a minute and then turn it back on. Nobody ever mentions this.

Mar 31, 2014 12:36 PM in response to Mukmaus

I have found a simple fix that worked for me. I tried rebooting numerous times with no joy. I thought my phone was knackered but then read that deleting any apps that use the camera may help. The first app I deleted was a black and white camera app I had installed ages ago. Immediately my camera started working!

Hope this works for more of you. Let me know if it does.

iphone 4s camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.