Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Converting

Currently I use Handbrake to convert my DVDs to iTunes compatiable MP4, once converted I import them to my iTunes Library so I can watch them through Apple TV.

Some of the DVDs are movie and some are shows or mini series.

I have a couple questions.

1. What is the best format to convert my movies to so that I get the best picture on Apple TV. I also would like ot watch them on my iPhone and iPad.

2. What is the best program to use for converting my DVDs.

Currently I have a product called Hand Brake that I use to convert. I also have a product called Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.

3. What is the best program to sue for tagging my media once I import it. Example being I used Hand Brake to convert a miniseries called the Bible, I wanted to be able to get all the information for each file to include the picture. I guess that I am just looking for soemthing that will allow me to get all the areas possible filled in when I look at the file under Information in iTunes.

Currently I have the follwoing software that I believe is suppose to do video tagging, Metax, iFlicks, and Movie Collector. I do not belive Movie Collector actually helps tagging.

In short what I am looking to do is take DVDs that I own and get them into my iTunes Library so I can watch them on Apple TV and my iPad and iPhone. I would like all the information filled in.

I have spent countless money on trying ot purchse software that will do this and i am at a point where I just want to buy the correct stuff.

I also have media files that I converted earlier.

All of the Media Files I have where purchased by me and I own them.

Thank you for your time.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 11:07 AM

1 reply

DVD Converting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.