Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble accessing aperture from ehd...

All my libraries are on my ehd, and for some reason, i can't open any of them. i keep getting permissions errors. also, the "media" option in my finder window seems to have vanished.

help please?

merry christmas!!!

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 11:43 AM

3 replies

Dec 24, 2013 12:01 PM in response to 1macprincess!

Merry christmas to you too, 1macprincess.

All my libraries are on my ehd, and for some reason, i can't open any of them. i keep getting permissions errors.

What happened, before this started? Have you updated any new software? What is your current Aperture version? If you just recently updated to Aperture 3.5.1, check the format of your external drive. Aperture 3.5 will not open any libraries on disks, that are not formatted MacOS X Extended (Journaled).

also, the "media" option in my finder window seems to have vanished.

In Mavericks, the "Media" brick is only shown in the File Chooser, afaik.

You see it in the "Open" dialogue:

User uploaded file

Léonie

Dec 24, 2013 12:16 PM in response to léonie

hi leonie! i was hoping you'd be here! i'm trying to take a screenshot of my lacie "get info" to show you, but it won't paste here for some reason. anyway, it says MacOSX Extended (Case-sensitve Journaled)

Also, the Media brick doesn't show in my finder sidebar. how do i get it back?

thanks so much! i'm trying to print some photos (last minute of course!) and really appreciate your help! (and everyones help, of course...especially during the season!) 🙂

Dec 24, 2013 12:38 PM in response to 1macprincess!

but it won't paste here for some reason. anyway, it says MacOSX Extended (Case-sensitve Journaled)

Case sensitive can cause problems (filename conflicts when copying from a case sensitive volume to a non-case sensitive one), but it should still work with Aperture.

i keep getting permissions errors

What is the exact error message?

Also, the Media brick doesn't show in my finder sidebar. how do i get it back?

It is gone in Mavericks. At least, I never found a way to show it since I upgraded to Mavericks. It will only show, when you use "File > Open" in an application.

Added:

To configure your Finder Sidebar:

User uploaded file

Trouble accessing aperture from ehd...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.