Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent annoying iOS 7 Cellular pop-up?

A new feature in iOS 7 (Settings>Cellular) allows you to prevent cellular usage in the apps of your choice. I though this would be a great way to save some data by disabling cellular for apps I don't need internet for such as Temple Run 2 and Scribblenauts. This feature works fine except for the fact that every time I open one of these apps while on cellular, I get a pop up telling me that I can go in settings to re-enable cellular for the app. I can understand this poping up once per app, but it just keeps happening. What does it not understand? I don't want to use cellular for the app! That does not mean I am disabling the app's funtionality!

Any ideas?

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 1:33 PM

you can't get rid of it. unfortunately it is there to stay

5 replies

Jun 6, 2014 8:30 AM in response to dani4576

Here is the message I submitted to Apple:

The more of us to do so, the more chance something will be done about it.

-----------------------------

With a limited data plan, I am careful about data usage and specifically select which apps to limit to Wifi use. I am very surprised and bothered that each time I open one of those apps (i.e. Podcasts, Photos, etc) the pop-up appears reminding me that "Cellular Data is Turned Off" for that specific App. Obviously, I am aware of that, since I have some basic iPhone skills and configured it that way intentionally.

In my view, it is either a glaring oversight by the software designers, or more cynically, it is a ploy to force consumers to use more data by annoying them into just turning cellular back on for each app. Hoping it is the former and will be remedied in the next update, either way, it is disappointing and surprising.

How to prevent annoying iOS 7 Cellular pop-up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.