Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple unlock my Sprint iphone 5 for other domestic carriers like ATT, if they have given me the MSL unlock code?

Sprint said this is the only method they have for unlocking phones. I asked if they can contact apple themselves and place my phones IMEI in the whitelist for apple but they said they do not.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 1:30 PM

2 replies

Dec 24, 2013 1:51 PM in response to PWQuick

Only Sprint can authorize unlocking it. It can NOT be unlocked for use on any US carrier. It can only be used on Sprint in the US. It can be unlocked for current Sprint customers in good standing, and only for use on non-US carriers.

If you don't intend to use Sprint, then the phone is useless to you. Return it and get your money back or sell it and buy a phone you can actually use.

Will Apple unlock my Sprint iphone 5 for other domestic carriers like ATT, if they have given me the MSL unlock code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.