Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I include several song genres in a Smart List?

Hi,

I want a smart list that includes songs from different genres - although not from every genre in my library. Do I press the + button and add a genre rule for each (there are 12 I want to include), or can I line up all the genres in the same rule, separated by commas? I could not find the answer in Help.

Can I have a song listed with 2 genres, onebeing the original and the second pertaining to my new multiple-genre smart list- which allow me to list it as the only rule for the new smart list?

Thanks guys,

Raphael

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 3:49 PM

rshammaa wrote:

Do I press the + button and add a genre rule for each

Exactly

3 replies

Dec 24, 2013 9:55 PM in response to rshammaa

Also, when you make the rules for the genres, make sure that the upper line is set to "Match Any." This instructs the smart playlist to include songs from any of the genres.

Can I have a song listed with 2 genres, onebeing the original and the second pertaining to my new multiple-genre smart list- which allow me to list it as the only rule for the new smart list?

Sort of. Once you have made your multi-genre playlist -- let's call it Playlist1 -- some other smart playlist can reference it with a rule like "Playlist" "is" "Playlist1".

How do I include several song genres in a Smart List?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.