Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates tab in Mac App Store stopped working.

I don't have time to test all of these to find out for sure which one it may be, so I thought I'd post it here in case someone might already know the answer. I disabled and removed a bunch of features from my iMac running Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and one of these caused the Updates section of the Mac App Store to stop working and return the error "The App Store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Anybody know what might be causing this? Thanks, and please don't bother asking why I would do any of this, that doesn't help. This isn't a complete list of things I changed but I've narrowed it to one/some of these.

> Removed Game Center.app and Messages.app (including accompanying files found by) with App Cleaner

> Removed GameKit.framework from /System/Library/Frameworks

> Removed the notes migrator service from /System/Library/PrivateFramerworks/Notes.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.a pple.NotesMigratorService.xpc/Contents/MacOS

> sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

> sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.scan.plist

> sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.spindump.plist

> launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.notificationcenterui.plist

> launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.CalendarAgent.plist

> sudo chmod 600 /System/Library/CoreServices/Search.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Search

> sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.findmymacmessenger.plist

> sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.findmymac.plist

> sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.findmymacmessenger.plist

> sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.geod.plist

> sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist

27'' iMac (Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Quad-core 2.66 GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 3:46 PM

There are no replies.

Updates tab in Mac App Store stopped working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.