Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For best performance, icloud should not be set as the default data file

Since the iCloud has update to 3.1 I get the following message:

"For best performance, icloud should not be set as the default data file"

I know why... its because I have the iCloud data file selected as my default datafile. I need ths so that the calander sync

My question is this: How do I make it so that I do not get this warning every time I start up Outlook.

Thank you,

Wøødy

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 8:30 PM

You should choose other data file in outlook and set it as default

After you do this,you have to choose icloud folders in tasks and calendars to edit.Only these ones will be synced.

Go to Outlook --> File-->Account Settings-->Data Files -->Add

Then,select any .pst file.If dont have any,so you have to create.

Set it as default and restart.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2015 8:30 PM in response to Woody.033

You should choose other data file in outlook and set it as default

After you do this,you have to choose icloud folders in tasks and calendars to edit.Only these ones will be synced.

Go to Outlook --> File-->Account Settings-->Data Files -->Add

Set it as default and restart.

Aug 4, 2015 12:20 PM in response to Woody.033

IT IS VERY VERY VERY FULL OF ******** WARNING ERROR MESSAGES THAT IS VERY VERY UNNECESSARY MESSAGE. I NEVER HAD THAT **** MESSAGES UNTIL THEN. HOW TO ELIMINATE IT. I REALLY SICK OF POPPED **** MESSAGES. I AM VERY VERY VERY VERY TIRED OF THE **** MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 4, 2015 12:32 PM in response to fad3d

fad3d, You said "Go to Outlook --> File-->Account Settings-->Data Files -->Add

Set it as default and restart". IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL THAT IS OBVIOUSLY THE WARNING ERROR MESSAGES ARE VERY VERY FULL OF ******** AS UNNECESSARY AS HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 4, 2015 1:08 PM in response to fad3d

fad3d, You said "Go to Outlook --> File-->Account Settings-->Data Files -->Add

Set it as default and restart". IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL THAT IS OBVIOUSLY THE WARNING ERROR MESSAGES ARE VERY VERY FULL OF ******** AS UNNECESSARY AS HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to eliminate the warning error messages so how can I get rid of it?????????????????????

Aug 4, 2015 1:18 PM in response to Jeffrey D. Ellis

Error Messages saying in Outlook Application:

For best performance, iCloud should not be set as the default data file. You can change this setting in Windows Control Panel under Mail, Data Files. How can I eliminate the warning error messages. It is VERY VERY VERY FULL OF BALONEY AS HOAX!!! I had no problem so far until then today, ****!!! Please help me VERY IMMEDIATELY VERY RIGHT NOW!!!

For best performance, icloud should not be set as the default data file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.