Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing arrows for retriving missed calls caller's details

Before iOS 7 update, I can retrive caller's details in the missed call list when I received a message from carrier. The content of the message via iMessaging listed the number and time of the call coming in, and there is an arrow on the right side of the screen. When I click on the arrow, the OS will retrive the name of the listed missed call number from my iPhone's Contacts.

But after the iOS 7, the arrow is gone and when i click on the number, only option is to call the number without knowing who that it (even the number is recorded in my iPhone's Contacts). It is consider on of the useful features for me because I need to shutdown my phone during flights or meetings and lots of missed call numbers through SMS when I repower up my iPhone. I can always able to scan through which numbers are from important persons and would like to return these people's call immediately.

If there is already a way in the iOS 7 that I can get that feature back, please advice as soon as possible. If not, I hope Apple can put back this feature in your next iOS update. Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 6:55 PM

7 replies

Dec 25, 2013 8:00 PM in response to modular747

The 'i' at the top right corner only the sender of the missed call notification, while is the carrier (as expected). But, it is not I am referring, I am after the ability of iOS to retrieve the person's name from Contacts according to the phone number listed in the missed call notification send by the carrier via SMS.

During per iOS 7 when I received a SMS from carrier with the notification of a missed call number and date/time of the missed call, there is an arrow at the right side of the message. When I click the arrow, the screen swap and shows the name of caller (according to the name and the number recorded in my iPhone's Contact).

After the new iOS 7, the arrow is gone and I have no way to screen the missed call numbers from the SMS. I can only call the number one by one and wait for the iPhone to show the name (if the information is recorded in my iPhone Contacts) during the call.

I am hoping Apple will put back the feature or let me know if there is a better feature that I am not aware.

Dec 25, 2013 8:35 PM in response to ClemTech

Your post makes little sense. You appear to be confusing calls and SMS. Missed calls are listed by the phone, not the "sender of the missed calls", and has nothing to do with the carrer,

During per iOS 7 when I received a SMS from carrier with the notification of a missed call number and date/time of the missed call, there is an arrow at the right side of the message.

No "SMS notifying missed calls" are sent by any carrier. Missed calls appear in the "Recent" section of the Phone app (in red). which can be filtered to show only the missed calls. If the caller number matches anything in Contacts, it automatically display the name on the list itself. Touching the ' i " in iOS 7, and previoulsy the chevron in iOS 1 through 6, show additional info in contacts such as addresses, alternate numbers etc. There has been no change.

I am hoping Apple will put back the feature

Nothing to put back, it works exactly the same as it has since 2007.

Dec 25, 2013 9:09 PM in response to modular747

When I switch of the phone and some one called me, the call divert into the voice mail and NO missed call register in the iPhone missed call list or "Resent" (coz it is off!). The carrier that I subscribed will send a SMS with the list of caller number that I have missed when I switch my iPhone back on. I am referring to the numbers listed in the SMS and the feature tat allow me to scan through the same associated to the listed of missed call numbers that post iOS is missing. Who ever that not aware of the feature per iOS 7 is unlikely able to help.

Missing arrows for retriving missed calls caller's details

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.