Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental Control access from another computer

I am having a problem accessing my kids Macbook air parental controls from another computer. The kids computer is running 10.6.8, mine 10.9.1. I have my kids account on standard permissions with a seperate admin account that has a password. The admin password works fine for changing system stuff and works for remote desktop. However, when I go into parental controls on the 10.9 mac, click on the other mac, I am prompted for a user/pass but it says its invalid which is not true.

On the 10.6 mac, I have undid the parental controls and re-applied them. I also made sure the Allow Remote option was applied in the gear settings of parental controls and the 'manage from another computer option is marked. I have read on other posts about this but none seem to have helped. What am i doing wrong? I can remote connect to the computer with the admin password and access the parental control logs but id rather not.

Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 8:48 PM

3 replies

Parental Control access from another computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.