Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option: reset my security questions by email

Hey guys,

I forgort my security questions. But if i log myself into 'My apple id' an click on password and security questions, there's no option to reset them by email.

I have given an alternate email adress, but there's no option.

Hope you can help me.

Merry Christmas

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 1:13 AM

11 replies

May 5, 2016 9:09 AM in response to Nightfire007

You have tacked onto a very old thread... always just start your own new question if you do not find an answer in an old thread

===

If your Apple ID is locked - Apple Support

If your Apple ID is locked

If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services. You can unlock your Apple ID after you verify your identity.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

When you see one of these alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password or to reset your password.

After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

If you use two-step verification, you need to use your recovery key and a trusted device. And if you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID.

If you see a message that is different from the alerts above and you can't reset your password, contact us for help.

Learn more

After you change your password, you might need to update it in your iCloud settings and in any Apple services that you sign in to with your Apple ID. Learn more about Apple ID and where you can use it.

Last Modified: Mar 16, 2016

======

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

If you can't reset your security questions

If you can't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, call us for help. When you call, you might need to create a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you answer your security questions incorrectly too many times in a row, you temporarily can't access your account. You can try to reset your questions after the waiting period ends.

Last Modified: Mar 16, 2016

May 5, 2016 12:58 PM in response to Nightfire007

I'll repeat and emphasize...

If you can't reset your security questions

If you can't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address,

call us for help.<= go here!!

When you call, you might need to create a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you answer your security questions incorrectly too many times in a row, you temporarily can't access your account. You can try to reset your questions after the waiting period ends.

No option: reset my security questions by email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.