Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture has upgraded to 3.5 in App Store -but shows as 3.4.5 in Finder

When I try to launch Aperture, I get the following message:

"The library in “/Volumes/iTunes/Pictures/Aperture Trial Library.aplibrary” cannot be loaded because it is from a newer version of Aperture."

The library was upgraded when another user was using the same library in iPhoto. This error would make sense to me if Aperture had not been updated. I've followed the updates and applied them as they were available. After investigating this further with the error message, the information in the finder shows my current Aperture version as 3.4.5. However, in the app store, under the same App Store ID, I have Aperture 3.5 showing under purchases and marked as installed.

I've attempted several suggestions on different threads with similar themes, to no avail. This included; changing the system language; attempting to re-install Aperture (which won't work because the App Store believes I'm running a current version); using time machine to go back to an older version of Aperture hoping this would trigger an update; Removing Aperture from the applications folder again hoping the App Store would identify a need for another download or update; and I've enabled "Debugging" through terminal in the App Store and reset the application.

Any other thoughts on a cause or solution would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.

Aperture 3, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 12:33 AM

1 reply

Dec 25, 2013 1:03 AM in response to elgie

Matt,

what is your current MacOS X version? Your profile signature is showing "Aperture 3, iOS 7.0.4"; if you want to upgrade to Aperture 3.5.1 you need to be running Mavericks, 10.9.1.

However, in the app store, under the same App Store ID, I have Aperture 3.5 showing under purchases and marked as installed.

Have you searched your mac, if there is another Aperture installation? Maybe on a connected drive, or visible on the network? Search with Spotlight or "Find Any File" http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/index.php

Regards

Léonie

Aperture has upgraded to 3.5 in App Store -but shows as 3.4.5 in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.