Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes doesn't see iphone on ios 7

Running 7.0.4 on iPhone 4S, Windows 7 64-bit with iTunes 64-bit version of 11.1.3.

iPhone was previously detected by iTunes prior to update.

A second iPhone 4S running iOS 6 is consistently detected without any problems.

I have already tried all solutions given on this support page (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538) to no avail.

In device manager, no x or ! shows up.

iTunes already on latest version.

Tried multiple USB cables, all genuine. Tried multiple USB ports, all working but iPhone still doesn't show up.

Apple Mobile Device Support is definitely installed. Tried reinstalling AMDS and iTunes. Tried restarting AMDS. No good.

Tried installing driver from Common Files directory.

No software changes between iOS 6 and iOS 7 update. No possibility of third party software conflict.

Note: was able to restore the iPhone to 7.0.4 from 7.0.2 on my MacBook Pro so there's nothing wrong with the phone or cable. This is not a viable long term option for me, since the MBP is a work computer.

Please help if you know

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 12:57 AM

3 replies

Dec 26, 2013 9:14 PM in response to itzbilly

Updating original question with more info

Running 7.0.4 on iPhone 4S, Windows 7 64-bit with iTunes 64-bit version of 11.1.3.

iPhone was previously detected by iTunes prior to update.

A second iPhone 4S running iOS 6 is consistently detected without any problems.

I have already tried all solutions given on this support page (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538) to no avail.

In device manager, no x or ! shows up.

iTunes already on latest version.

Tried multiple USB cables, all genuine. Tried multiple USB ports, all working but iPhone still doesn't show up.

Apple Mobile Device Support is definitely installed. Tried reinstalling AMDS and iTunes. Tried restarting AMDS. No good.

Tried installing driver from Common Files directory.

No software changes between iOS 6 and iOS 7 update. No possibility of third party software conflict.

Note: was able to restore the iPhone to 7.0.4 from 7.0.2 on my MacBook Pro so there's nothing wrong with the phone or cable. This is not a viable long term option for me, since the MBP is a work computer.

Please help if you know of any solutions.

Additional notes:

- already tried http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1363?viewlocale=en_US and it was no good.

Did a diagnostics test on iTunes. This first screenshot is BEFORE I plug in the iPhone.

User uploaded file

After plugging in the iPhone and trusting the computer (this trust popup, by the way, continuously comes up EVERY TIME I plug the iPhone into the computer. Stopped popping up after the first time I plugged into Mac but it comes up EVERYTIME on Windows), I get the User Account Control popup asking for permission. I click Yes. See the difference in following screenshot:

User uploaded file

Please help!

itunes doesn't see iphone on ios 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.