Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buggy iTunes in an old Windows XP Pro. SP3?

Hello.

A few days ago, I downloaded and installed the (lat/new)est iTunes (never had it before) into my old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine because I got an unwanted, used iPod Touch (first generation) and iPod Nano (6th generation) for free. I seem to have problems with iTunes though:

1. I tried (creat/mak)ing a brand new account, but nothing happens after clicking on its link and showing "Accessing iTunes Store" message in iTunes' top status screen. I even tried rebooting to see if my machine just in case, but that did not help. Same with IE6 to IE8 upgrade with its required reboot.

2. During a synch with iPod Nano, there was a mobile.exe something crash when syncing (had to restore backup to one of my iPods that left tons of mess (half of it was "other" instead of audio) on its storage after iTunes did a verification).

Is it me or is iTunes really buggy and slow? Does Apple even have an web version of iTunes? Google search didn't seem to show it.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 3.1.3, Windows XP Pro. SP3 & 512 MB of RAM

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 6:59 AM

2 replies

Dec 25, 2013 2:42 PM in response to antdude

1. I tried (creat/mak)ing a brand new account, but nothing happens after clicking on its link and showing "Accessing iTunes Store" message in iTunes' top status screen. I even tried rebooting to see if my machine just in case, but that did not help. Same with IE6 to IE8 upgrade with its required reboot.

With those symptoms, I'd try the following document:

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

(If there's a SpeedBit LSP showing up in Autoruns, it's usually best to just uninstall your SpeedBit Video Accelerator.)

Dec 25, 2013 4:01 PM in response to b noir

b noir wrote:

With those symptoms, I'd try the following document:

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

(If there's a SpeedBit LSP showing up in Autoruns, it's usually best to just uninstall your SpeedBit Video Accelerator.)

I only see mdnsDSP from Apple in my WinSock Provider tabs in AutoRuns v11.70. 😟 I do remember I had a low memory error during a very long synchronization, but that only happened once. I doubt that is related to creating a new account especially after I rebooted my very old Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine.

Buggy iTunes in an old Windows XP Pro. SP3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.