Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail loses account settings?

Twice in about 4 months I have brought up Mac Mail and received a message that I couldn't log on to the mail server. When I check my preferences, I find that my account settings have changed .... my incoming mail server entry has been cleared, my username has had the server (everything @ and after) deleted and my password is non existent.

Apple's website shows me what should be entered in these fields when I check them and what I see is not that. When I try to check mail I get a message that says "Enter Password for user '....[my account]....' on iCloud IMAP server "(null)". I tried to create a new entry for my email but ended up with the same error message. I checked the Apple server status page and it shows there being no problems.

Any suggestions on what is causing this and how to make it go away?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 8:20 AM

There are no replies.

Mail loses account settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.