Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPad

How do I install find my iPad on my wife's iPad ... Ie hers on mine and mine on hers?

iPad, iPad Air

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 8:47 AM

11 replies

Dec 25, 2013 10:30 AM in response to Lissant

How bout "find my friends" app for you Lissant.

Randers, if I may a question? House has 8 devices including two macs, iphones ipads. Every husband's device is three hours off and in incorrect location. Husband signs in to his icloud account - location is shifted to another side of country. Deletes icloud account signs in to his wife's, downloads find my iphone and location is correct. He needs to redownload "find my iphone" each time. Deletes his wife's icloud account, signs in to his - location is off again. His icloud.com location is correct as well as the time zone. His first device out of everything that he has now is an iMac from 2012. Where does his icloud picks his location from? He suspects that his problem started with update to Maverics...

Dec 25, 2013 12:08 PM in response to fromsouth

I don't particularly like the idea that I have to sign in and out of different iCloud accounts to operate the app . The suggestion that I use the find my friends app sounds better... But I still don't really understand why the find my iPad app should offer 'my devices' when it can't switch itself between iCloud accounts

Dec 25, 2013 12:55 PM in response to fromsouth

fromsouth wrote:

How bout "find my friends" app for you Lissant.

Randers, if I may a question? House has 8 devices including two macs, iphones ipads. Every husband's device is three hours off and in incorrect location. Husband signs in to his icloud account - location is shifted to another side of country. Deletes icloud account signs in to his wife's, downloads find my iphone and location is correct. He needs to redownload "find my iphone" each time. Deletes his wife's icloud account, signs in to his - location is off again. His icloud.com location is correct as well as the time zone. His first device out of everything that he has now is an iMac from 2012. Where does his icloud picks his location from? He suspects that his problem started with update to Maverics...

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking, but if you mean it is showing the wrong location in Find My iPhone, it establishes the location the same way the maps app does; from crowd-sourced wifi and cellular tower locations (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4995) for the internet connection of device being tracked. Are you saying that the location of his device is correct when he signs into his wife's iCloud account and uses the Find My iPhone app with the app signed into his own iCloud account? Or are you talking about the Find My Friends app?

The iCloud time zone is set on icloud.com. He should make sure he has selected both the correct time zone and the correct city (although choosing the wrong city would normally only account for being off by one hour due to different daylight savings time rules).

Dec 25, 2013 2:13 PM in response to randers4

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking, but if you mean it is showing the wrong location in Find My iPhone, it establishes the location the same way the maps app does; from crowd-sourced wifi and cellular tower locations (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4995)

----That is the fun of it. Wife and husband are on the same wifi. They both have iphones (cellular towers involvment with GPS). It is literally the same device and different icloud accounts create different location response.

The iCloud time zone is set on icloud.com. He should make sure he has selected both the correct time zone and the correct city (although choosing the wrong city would normally only account for being off by one hour due to different daylight savings time rules).

That was the first thing I checked and it is correct time zone. No idea and not too many people I can ask...😕

Find my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.