Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent app sync between devices

I am new to iCloud and was wondering how you prevent app snycing. I don't want apps to be downloading to my iphone when I download them to my ipad without me personally saying to. By the way, this happens without any kind of iTunes connection. Thanks and merry Christmas!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 9:28 AM

You can turn this off by going to Settings>iTunes & App Store and turning off Music, Apps and iBooks under Automatic Downloads. This will prevent these from being automatically downloading to the device when they are purchased on a different device. (The Updates setting allows apps to automatically update when updates are available.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2013 9:28 AM in response to GBJack

You can turn this off by going to Settings>iTunes & App Store and turning off Music, Apps and iBooks under Automatic Downloads. This will prevent these from being automatically downloading to the device when they are purchased on a different device. (The Updates setting allows apps to automatically update when updates are available.)

Prevent app sync between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.