Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Probelma con buscador predeterminado, no me es posible cambiarlo.

He descargado un programa llamado hamachi, al descargarlo he obtenido el programa y otro archivo que ha producido un cambio en mi buscador de safari.

Este archivo ha establecido como buscador determinado bing, en vez de google y quiero eliminarlo. ¿Como?

Ya he probado a ir a safari-preferencias-motor de busqueda por omision-google , pero sigue actuando bing.

Aparte he descargado un programa llamado AppCleaner para mi mac. He desinstalado hamachi con este programa para intentar aliminar todos los archivos residuales pero nada.

No se me ocurre nada mas que hacer.

Muchas Gracias!

nosseabe

I downloaded a program called hamachi, I downloaded the program and another file that has change in my finder in safari.

This file has been established as determined by searching bing instead of google and I would like removed it. How?

I've Already tried to go to safari-preferences-default search engine, google, but bing still acting.

Besides I downloaded a program called AppCleaner for my mac. I uninstalled hamachi with this program to try to delet all residual files but nothing.

I can not think anything but hacer.

Thank you very much!

nosesabe

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 9:56 AM

1 reply

Dec 25, 2013 4:29 PM in response to nosesabe

You installed the "Genieo" spyware/adware. There is an uninstaller, but as the developer is not trustworthy, you shouldn't rely on it. I suggest the tedious procedure below to disable Genieo.

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Applications/Genieo.app

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator password.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Repeat with each of these lines:

/Applications/Uninstall Genieo.app
/Library/Frameworks/GenieoExtra.framework
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.genieo.engine.plist
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.genieoinnovation.macextension.client.plist
/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.genieoinnovation.macextension.client
/usr/lib/libgenkit.dylib
/usr/lib/libimckit.dylib
/usr/lib/libimckitsa.dylib

Note: Some of these items may be absent, in which case you'll get a message that the file doesn't exist.

The following configuration file may be either created or modified by the Genieo installer:

/etc/launchd.conf

The file is unlikely to be used by anything but Genieo or something equally undesirable. Unless you know you need it, delete it in the same way as above, if it exists. Otherwise, edit it to remove the line that begins as follows:

setenv DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

The above is not a file, but a line inside a file.

Reboot. Safari should now function normally, and you should be able to reset the home page. If not, stop here and post your results.

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences Extensions

Uninstall any extension you don't recognize. If in doubt, uninstall all extensions. Do the equivalent for the Firefox and Chrome browsers, if you use either of those.

The Genieo installer may also install the "Silverlight" web plugin from Microsoft. If you have no use for that plugin, you should remove it according to Microsoft's instructions. Don't remove it if you subscribe to "Netflix."

This procedure may leave a few files behind, but it should render Genieo permanently non-functional, as long as you never reinstall it.

Probelma con buscador predeterminado, no me es posible cambiarlo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.