Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restart iPhone without Sleep/Wake button

Please help.

My iPhone 4S is broken or my Sleep/Wake button it stuck and therefore doesn't work. But i need to restart my iPhone.

How do I do that without Sleep/Wake button? And without resetting settings in General > Reset?

I hope there is a way.

Thanks.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 10:01 AM

Try Assistive Touch:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5587

Once it's on, just tap the dark square with the circle in it that appears on your screen, tap device, and touch and hold on the lock screen button, that will give you the slide to power off prompt.

13 replies

Apr 23, 2014 10:23 PM in response to steeze

"Enable Assistive Touch: Tap SETTINGS, General, Accessibility, AssistiveTouch (near the bottom) and tap AssistiveTouch to ON. You will now notice a small dark square with a circle in the middle (you can move this square anywhere). Tap the dark circle to open the assistiveTouch menu, then tap Device and tap and HOLD the Lock Screen icon. This will bring up the iPhone's Power-Off slider - no need for a power button any longer! **Voted Best Method to turn off an iPhone with a broken power button"

and to restart just keep on charging your phone would start.

cheers guys have fun..

Restart iPhone without Sleep/Wake button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.