how do I fix an error message of "failed to open a session on this devices" for my HP photosmart 6510 scanner?
Currently Being ModeratedRe: how do I fix an error message of "failed to open a session on this devices" for my HP photosmart 6510 scanner?Dec 27, 2013 2:34 PM (in response to kwastfamily)
It sounds like you are unable to print from your computer to your printer. I would run through the troubleshooting steps in this article:
Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X
- Make sure that the printer is powered on, has ink / toner, and that there are no alerts on the printer’s control panel. Note: If you cannot clear an alert on the printer's control panel, stop here and check the printer's documentation or contact the manufacturer for support.
- Ensure the printer is properly connected to a USB port on the Mac or AirPort base station / Time Capsule. If the printer is a network-capable printer, make sure that it is properly connected to your home network.
- Use Software Update to find and install the latest available updates. If an update is installed, see if the issue persists.
- Open the Print & Scan pane or Print & Fax (Snow Leopard) pane in System Preferences.
- Delete the affected printer, then add the printer again.
If the issue persists, try these additional steps:
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
All the very best,
Currently Being ModeratedRe: how do I fix an error message of "failed to open a session on this devices" for my HP photosmart 6510 scanner?Jan 21, 2014 1:48 PM (in response to sterling r)
I also have this problem and the fix you offer does not, will not, has not worked. We are stuck between Aplle and HP and neither side appears willing to assist. This is a real problem since the OSX update, but as I look through the support pages, every apple support person responds with a differant suggestion on fixing. Maybe if you gyus looked at this toghether and really came up with a fix. That would be nice.