Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport express and guest network

My operatign system is OS X 10.9.1

Airport Express Time capsule 1 TB

I have had my airport express time capsule for 2 years (1 TB)and it worked pretty near flawlessly since then. It started with the time capsule being too full and that got me messsing with it.

I could not fugure out how to delete files and it was not writing over old ones. I have seen the same problem on here already. (In the end I bought an external drive and now that seems to have solved it, even though I deleted a bunch of old files and my compute is now hovering around 830 MB it still won't back up on the time capsule. I am not too worried about this though. If you can help me on this part that is great. 🙂 )

Then I tried to reset my AE device. WIth that I had to reset my guest network. this is where the problems began.

Previously my AE had a steady green light and hosted two wifi names (mine and for guests).

Now if I click not bridged (?) then I can not get Internet access on the guest network. If I click DHC and Nat it constantly blinks amber but the guest network is not there (even though I set it up). I have gone back and forth with this and it is consistently behaving like I described above.

I have done a reset. I have done a reset and unplugged the machine (though I admit I did not wait two minutes, closer to 45 seconds)

I want to go back to the steady green light and the two wifis established.

Can you please help me?

Airport Express Time capsule 1 TB-OTHER, Other OS, OS X 10.9.1

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 11:23 AM

2 replies

Dec 25, 2013 11:32 AM in response to Renee Howard

Also one more thing to add. My Server name has disappeared too. I get an error message that says

There was a problem connecting to the server "name"

The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, then try again.

Seems I did a great job messing with this today.

Merry Christmas!

airport express and guest network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.