Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPod 5g won't show up in iTunes

This is a brand new IPod I got (IPod 5th generation 16g) to replace my old broken one. And I can't even set it up. I DO NOT want to 'start it as a new IPod' as I have a ton of paid apps on my Itunes that I wan't to restore on to this new IPod.

The problem is that It won't appear on Itunes. I have plugged the cable in and nothing happens. I have to manually start Itunes but the IPod simply won't appear. All of my old stuff is still there but I can't get it? I have updated to the latest version of Itunes, still nothing.

So then I thought I'd try 'restore using ICloud.' But then a message appears saying "Server error" or something like that. So I gave up on that!

My IPod is connected to the computer as I can hear the bleeping and It lets me open the folder.

I tried all of the solutions given to me on the support page, but none seem to work.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 12:36 PM

9 replies

Dec 25, 2013 6:06 PM in response to LordEmoStabe

Open Start and search for Services. Make sure the following services are enabled and set to automatic:

Apple Mobile Device

iPod Service

If they are not enabled, right click and press properties. Where it says "Startup Type", select the drop down box and make sure "Automatic" is selected. If none of that works, uninstall ALL Apple Software on your computer.(iTunes, Apple Application Support, Bonjour, Apple Software Update). Reboot your computer and install iTunes from a fresh copy at http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

New iPod 5g won't show up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.