Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my i phone in the pool

Hi i dropped my phone (with no case) in the pool And its completely fine but it keeps saying "this cable is not certifited" and i dont have a cable in my i phone 5 plz help

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 4:21 PM

Did you power the iPhone off immediately and leave it off for at least several days or placed the iPhone in a bag of uncooked rice for several days at least?

If not, it is a matter of time before worse will happen. That message indicates moisture damage to the lightning connector port.

7 replies

Dec 25, 2013 4:32 PM in response to Noah007

The store won't fix it. The interior of the iPhone got wet and electronics and a little water or moisture don't mix much less being completely submerged in water. Drying the outside alone and leaving the iPhone powered off was not near enough for any chance at salvaging it. It may work for a while but only a matter of time.

Apple offers and out of warranty or not covered under the warranty repair price, which pays for exchange at a significantly reduced price off the full retail sales price.

I dropped my i phone in the pool

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.