Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 - no Video over Lightning? SERIOUSLY, APPLE ?!

My old 30-Pin Gadgetry as the Aiptek i20 Pico Beamer or my Pioneer X5500-BT Moniceiver won't work anymore with my iPhone 5, even though i am using the Apple-original 30-Pin -> Lightning adaptor for 30€! They worked fine with my old 4S! Apple says about the Connector: " This adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* Supports analog audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging. Video output not supported. " - WHY THE HECK ?!?! Why does a newer, "better" connector support less options ?!?! I totally reject to spend another 50 bugs just for a VGA adaptor AND another 100 bugs just for a VGA Box for my Moniceiver, besides that tons of cables and plugs flying around in my car!!! The iPhone 5 (and, of course, the 5S isn't a quantum better) costs so much more than my iPhone 4S, with which i really was happy, and just took the 5 because i got it for free by renewing the Contract. I can't stand why a newer, "better" technology can do less. I'm sorry. Did anyone else made these experiences?

p.s.: I'm german, so maybe some sentences don't make that much sense. 🙂

30-Pin to Lightning Adapter-OTHER

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 4:42 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5 - no Video over Lightning? SERIOUSLY, APPLE ?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.