Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows 8 driver?

Hello everyone,

This is my problem, I had a Dell Studio 1458 Notebook with Windows 8 and the latest version of iTunes, also all the windows updates. But when i connect my iPod with the original USB dock, it shows a message error that the last dispositive connected to the usb can't be recognized. And in the Dispositive Managment, it show me an USB with the typical exclamation sign inside a yellow triangle, when I try to update that driver, nothing hapends, it says that I already have the best driver for that dispositive.

I think that the ligths of the iPod are not important in this case. I just need to know What do I have to install in my Windows 8 for solve this problem.

By the way, I have another computer with Windows 7 Ultimate, and the dispositive there works perfectly, iTunes recognize it and also charge the iPod too.

Things that I have done recently.

- Reinstall iTunes.
- Reboot the PC
- Turn Off the iPod for 5 secs and then Turn On

- Connect the iPod in a different USB entry.

Uhm, in a Mac with Maverick I can't see the iPod Shuffle 2nd Generation either.

Thanks. I hope you can help me.

Sorry my English, i'm Spanish.

iPod shuffle, Windows 8

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 4:33 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2013 10:08 PM in response to VieraSB

On the one computer where it works properly with the shuffle, go to the shuffle's Settings screen in iTunes and set it to Enable disk use (and Apply the change). Then, eject it from that computer and connect it to one of the other computers. Does that make any difference?

You can also try doing a Restore on the shuffle in iTunes, on that one computer where it works properly. Then, connect it to one of the other computers.

For the other computers, if they are laptops, make sure their power adapters are connected (so they are not running on battery power when you connect the shuffle). Also, you may want to disconnect all other USB devices, including hub, and connect the shuffle by itself to a direct USB port on the computer, to see if that makes any difference.

windows 8 driver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.