729 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2014 12:46 PM by Fred Davenport
Currently Being ModeratedDec 25, 2013 6:04 PM (in response to currencylad101)
If you want to import your Outlook and Gmail contacts to your iCloud account, do the following:
- Import your Outlook contacts to your Gmail account as explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnki_ywHAhM.
- Sync you Google contacts with your iPad as explained here (if not already doing so): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4872.
- Go to Settings>iCloud, turn Contacts to Off, choose Delete from My iPhone when prompted (any iCloud contacts will still be in iCloud).
- Download the app My Contacts Backup. (If you have more than 500 contests to transfer you will need the “Pro” version.) Use the app to backup the remaining contacts on your phone (from the other accounts/groups) as a vCard attachment to an email that you send to yourself. Confirm that you have received the email.
- Go to Settings>iCloud and turn Contacts back to On.
- Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Contacts section), and set this to iCloud.
- Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars...tap your Gmail account and turn Contacts off.
- Open the My Contacts Backup email and tap the attachment to import the contacts from Gmail back to your phone, and to iCloud. Your Outlook and Gmail contacts should now all be in iCloud.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 5, 2014 12:46 PM (in response to randers4)
What a gong show, why do Apple and MS continue to make such a very, very important feature such a HUGE chore???