Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro display does not recover from sleep

Hello,

I have a Mac Pro Mid 2010 with two graphics cards (ATI 5770 & nVidia Geoforce GT 120) and three displays. After intense use of the GPUs with graphics processing jobs, and after the screen goers to sleep, they do not recover. The computer is accessible via the network (ping, ssh, etc) however, the screens blank out and no longer recover from sleep. The only resolution is to reboot.

I have already run memtest all just to make sure there isn't a memory issue. All tests passed. Also, this issue has ocurred with Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences with regard to this iussue?

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 7:05 PM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2013 7:47 AM in response to Bpasdar

Update -- I now can reproduce the issue at will and it is definitely related to the sleep feature and has gotten much worse under OS X Mavericks. Side Rant -- First let me note how disappointing Mavericks is as a platform. Apple's output seems to be getting progressively less thought out, reliable and buggy.

Now back to the issue. I created a hot corner that puts my display to sleep. Every time I active the hot corner the system display is lost -- that is the system continues to function and respond via network (ping, ssh, etc) but no joy on un-sleeping the displays.

I have Mac Pro Mid 2010 w/ 2x 2.4Ghz Quad Core, 32GB RAM, ATI 5770 and NVidia Geoforce GT 120 using three displays (2x 27" Apple and 1x Panasonic 1080P HD TV) running OS X 10.9.1 (13B42).

Mac Pro display does not recover from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.