Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple apps keep needing to be updated

I have updated Keynote, Numbers, Pages and iMovie to the latest versions but after a few days the same Apps show up as needing updated. The versions are the same as I previously updated. What is going on? Is the App Store getting confused because I still have the iWork '09 versions installed?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 2:33 AM

I have the same problem - did you get a resolution tho this ?

5 replies

Jan 12, 2014 3:29 AM in response to dmuncer

Hi Bruce,

Is the App Store getting confused because I still have the iWork '09 versions installed?

No, and do not delete iWork '09!

I have updated Keynote, Numbers, Pages and iMovie to the latest versions

Your profile shows OS X 10.7.3. Is this correct? It seems that if iWork '09 is on your computer and you have updated , you must have updated to OSX Mavericks 10.9.x and iWork '13.

the same Apps show up as needing updated

What message is telling you that you need to update? Does this message appear when you try to open an iWork app?

Regards,

Ian.

Jan 13, 2014 3:53 AM in response to Bruce Giancola

Hi Bruce,

rebuild the Spotlight Database and so far I have not seen my problem reoccur

Thanks for the tip. It seems that Spotlight is a key player in this update 🙂.

Numbers 3.0.1 is in your Applications Folder. Numbers '09 (unless you deleted it) is in a folder called iWorks '09 inside your Applications folder. Both will run at the same time.

This has been the solution in this forum up until now:

"Drag icons of both versions to the Dock. Right click on each in turn and Options > Keep in Dock".

But your revelation gives a new light (and food for thought). Thanks

Regards,

Ian.

apple apps keep needing to be updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.