Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Snow Leopard have a lower version of Safari than Leopard?

I'm just about to upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard and browsing through the booklet that came with it I saw that it says it contains "Safari 4." They advertise this as though it is an improvement, but I currently have Safari version 5.0.6. Is it possible that Snow Leopard uses an older version of Safari than Leopard does? If so, will it downgrade my version when I install it? How could I prevent that? Or could I upgrade Snow Leopard after installation to run Safari 5 or more? Is there a big difference between the two versions? The whole pont of the upgrade, of course, is to get better, newer versions of everything.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.4 GHZ Intel Core Duo 3GB RAM

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 12:19 AM

You are looking at information issued when Snow Leopard first came out. Your install shouldn't downgrade your Safari but if it does you can simply update it using Software Update. The highest version of Safari which runs on Snow Leopard is 5.1.10

2 replies

Does Snow Leopard have a lower version of Safari than Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.