Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail doesn't find my iPhoto photos

When I try to add a photo from my iphoto library (ca. 8000 photos) Mail doesn't find my photos. I have tried rebuilding the library, repairing the rights etc.. nothing helped. Any ideas?

Thank you!

OSX 10.9.1

iPhoto 9.5.1

Macbook Pro Retina late 2013

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 3:09 AM

2 replies

Dec 26, 2013 3:46 AM in response to martinhu123

Is your current iPhoto library a library that has been used with Aperture?

I am seeing something similar right now. When I set iPhoto to a library that has been opened with Aperture, the Media Browser will not switch to that library. It will continuosly show the one iPhoto library, that never has been touched by Aperture. I tried to fix this by trashing various preferences files and Caches, but that did not help.

I have the same problem, when trying to browse the iPhoto library in iWork apps.

Dec 26, 2013 4:48 AM in response to léonie

Well, I did use it with Aperture once or twice to try the program.

I always have the problem, when a program is trying to access the iPhoto library. iWork, Mail, or even when trying to upload photos to the internet...

I have no idea what to do to solve the probem.

My next step will be to import the library to Aperture - if it works.

EDIT: just tried to open the iPhoto library with Aperture: It didn't find the library. If i browse for it, it's grey instead of fully colored.

Mail doesn't find my iPhoto photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.