Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hard drive recognised but unmountable

hello,

I'm finding it difficult to use my docking station with my WD Cavier Green 2TB hard drive.

I know that the hard drive is in perfect working order as it still works with my many different leads and cables i have. But when i plug it in to my docking station i get the "unable to read' message.

I've checked disk ultility and the hard drive is there but the second name down reads disk1s1 and is greyed out.

I've read through the countless discussions and opend the ownership (when i plug it in with my many cables) but when i use the dock it claims there's no ownership.

I've tried verifying and repairing but an error message appears.

I've tried turning off the hard drive and docking station and turning it back on.

I've tried restarting my comuter.

And i've tried using a different cable.

it just seems odd that a docking station could stop my hard drive being recognised yet plugging it with many cables is fine.

Is it simply a case of my hard drive not being fully compatible with the docking station? or am i missing something?

Below is all my specs.

MacBook Pro

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

Hard drive

Western digital Caviar Green

WD20EARS 2TB

docking station

Akasa DuoDock S

USB 3.0

model number: AK-IC08U3-BK

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 4:00 AM

It sounds as if your docking stations SATA connector just isn't up to the job - have you tried the drive with a different docking station/enclosure? I can recommend the enclosures/docking station for OWC because I use them every day.

Clinton

3 replies

hard drive recognised but unmountable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.