Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning connector for camera SD card

Not only does my new iPhone5s not pair with a brand new MacBookPro using Bluetooth, it does not recognize the Apple Lightning connector. As well, fingerprint recognition is virtually useless.

As a long time Apple user, I have never encountered so many problems that I can't correct myself.

I have two new Apple Store purchased Lightning connectors and have tried each of them, both times I get the same result: This device is not recognized. This has not happened with my iPads, so the iPhone5s has a unique set of problems.

It looks as if I'm going to have to buy AppleCare which I normally don't do. If I can I'm going to return the iPhone to the Apple Store. I think I have a lemon.

Any idea why the lightning connector is not recognized? I tried with and without a card in the connector.

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 7:04 AM

First, you don't use Bluetooth to connect your iPhone to your computer. You use Wi-FI or USB.

Let's clarify. What, exactly, are you trying to do? Get your iPhone to be recognized by the computer/iTunes?

2 replies

Dec 26, 2013 7:13 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

What am I trying to do? I want to use Air Drop to transfer photos to the computer, but to do that it seems I need to get Bluetooth to work.

In another post, which pertains to using the Lightning connector to move photos to an SD card, and I have two new Apple connectors for camera, neither is recognized. These connectors work just fine with my iPad, never a problem.

My question here is why is there a disconnect after about three seconds after a supposedly successful pairing, and after about four occurences.

I am simply trying to get some photos off the iPhone and on to my MacBooks.

Also, the fingerprint recognition system is not working very well at all, after I have re done the finger(s) more than once.

Lightning connector for camera SD card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.