Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update projects and events FCP X 10.1 is not recognizing my SAN disk

Good Morning all, so here's my FCP X 10.1 Problem (sheesh) I have been manually "updating" my projects and events and importing them into the new 10.1, up until now with no problems just this morning I went to "update" another project I had been working on in the previous version its on an external hard drive (my same exact external I've been updating from) and I am receiving this message: Choose a SAN location or folder that contains FCP Projects and Events to update onto a new library. The current location is not valid. Choose another SAN location folder. In the previous version of FCP I had the projects and events separated into "hidden" folders. Up until now this was not a problem as I updated 2 other projects and events from this same drive and same hidden folders. Any one have an idea as to why this may be doing this today?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 7:18 AM

49 replies

Dec 26, 2013 7:37 AM in response to starnikki57

What do you mean by hidden folders? Like this:

Final Cut Project - Hidden

Final Cut Events - Hidden

FCP won't see those. Don't know how you updted them before but they won't work. The projects and events need to be in

Final Cut Projects

Final Cut Events

I've found the sometimes if you have project folders inside a folder in Final Cut Projects the application won't see them.

Jan 3, 2014 1:21 PM in response to 911TributeCenter

I have the same problem.

Last week I upgraded to FCP 10.1 but found out that this updated version of FCP does not recognize my movie clips or projects on my external hard disks or on the Mac disk. Though the software was supposed to update all my movie clips, I got an error message. Spoke to several people at the Apple store and they don't know how to fix this. I had to uninstall FCP 10.1 and revert to the previous version. Now I am testing my videoclips to make sure they have not been damaged by the process. This is a whole new issue on which I would also appreciate feedback. So right now I have two issues:

1) FCP 10.0.9 has been extremely slow suddenly since the installation of Mavericks.

2) FCP 10.1 doesn't recognize my videoclips and I get an error message when I accept the updating of the videoclips by the software.

I am really stuck right now. Does anyone work with FCP 10.1 and store their clips on hard disks? How to make FCP 10.1 see/read the clips?

Unable to update projects and events FCP X 10.1 is not recognizing my SAN disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.