Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Travelling to Europe.

I'm travelling to Europe from Canada. Do I need a special/particular adapter for my powerbook and iPod so they don't overheat?

Thanks!

PowerBook G4 (15-inch Double Layer SD), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 9:11 AM

Generally speaking, have a look at the label on each power adapter (charger). It should show the allowed input voltage (or voltage range) and frequency (or frequencies). This could be something like 'Input AC 100-240 V 50/60 Hz'. Check whether the voltage and frequency in the country you visit are in accordance with the values on the label.

Usually, the voltage in European countries is somewhere between 220 and 240 V. The frequency is typically 50 Hz. Do verify the exact condition locally.

Please note that different countries use different power plugs. This means that a plug adapter (or a complete power cable with the correct plug) may be needed.

Jan

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2013 9:11 AM in response to Nicolejr

Generally speaking, have a look at the label on each power adapter (charger). It should show the allowed input voltage (or voltage range) and frequency (or frequencies). This could be something like 'Input AC 100-240 V 50/60 Hz'. Check whether the voltage and frequency in the country you visit are in accordance with the values on the label.

Usually, the voltage in European countries is somewhere between 220 and 240 V. The frequency is typically 50 Hz. Do verify the exact condition locally.

Please note that different countries use different power plugs. This means that a plug adapter (or a complete power cable with the correct plug) may be needed.

Jan

Travelling to Europe.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.