Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't iPod Touch 2nd Gen (iOS 4.2.1) no longer sync to Mac iTunes (11.1.3(8) on MacPro

Until the last month or so, I would hard wire my iPod to my Mac in order to sync the calendars. Calendars were syncing via iTunes. After upgrading to latest iTunes version (I believe this is 11), the problem started. After I connect my iPod via USB, iTunes turns on and 'syncing begins'. But nothing is happening over hours! I cannot use the Cloud as this is a work-business function. I restored my iPod to no avail.

I am running Lion (10.7.5) on my Mac. In preferences I sync the computer calendars (iCal and Outlook) via exchange server. Any fixes? Or, is the iPod too old and no longer compatible? I heard Maverick is having problems in that the Info Tab no longer apears in iTunes. I don't have this problem. The Info tab is there.

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 9:03 AM

1 reply

Jan 7, 2014 2:18 AM in response to raynan

If you revert to a previous version, 11.1.2 for example, it will work again. Older versions of iTunes, like 10, are available here:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#itunes

Don't know if this is suppose to be like this and the iPod Touch 2nd gen is no longer supported, but I would find that a weird moment. I guess we might found out with the next update, if it works again.

Why doesn't iPod Touch 2nd Gen (iOS 4.2.1) no longer sync to Mac iTunes (11.1.3(8) on MacPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.