Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sign in and stay in discussion?

Just tried to edit the OS on my Macbook and lost the whole question I had just spent a great deal of time trying to post complete but clear.

My original question is similar ..

When trying to log in to a discussion I'm following there is no way to do that and stay on the page. BUT, after signing in there is no way to get back.

Several other similar discussions have been archived as far back as2009, but problem still exists. There are many referrals to "the top of the page" .. there are NO top of page options!!

Apple certainly has the capability to make this the intuitive easy access Forum it was intended to be.

I have Applecare on every device but like User experiences, solutions and work-a-rounds.

If there is something I have missed, will greatly appreciate,

ed

BTW, The categories listed below don't recognize many of the more vexing problems. Could at least have 'Discussions' and 'Other.'

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 9:47 AM

the top right of this screen - the actions box. bookmark the page. Later you can go to the book marks, and find the one you want.

4 replies

Dec 26, 2013 11:34 AM in response to Edwin Law

I remember what I thought were big issues presented in this disucssion two and three years ago - and how I thought apple was ignoring the good discussions here. Well, here we are three years later, and almost all of those have been corrected, updated, or otherwise resolved. I guess it is a question of prioirites and resources. Sooner or later they get around to the improvement.

Dec 26, 2013 12:16 PM in response to pjl123

Having switched to OS x 10.5 after 21 years of DOS and Windows i was immediately impressed with how simple and intuitive it was. I have no inclination to go back but the changes since 10.8 have seemed to present more user problems than they have helped.

I know a lot of this is as a result of the efforts to blend the capabilities of a very small motherboard with those of a very large and sophisticated one. As in all things, it is the larger that has to give, can't increase size of smaller.

Personally, I consider them two different devices with very different primary use .. nice to be 'compatible,'but not 'mated.'

;-)

ed

How to sign in and stay in discussion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.