Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am planning to to a clean install of Mavericks on my MacBook Air 11" mid 2012. Will i lose out on the free apps like iPhoto and iMovie etc after the clean install? Has anyone done it yet?

I had not upgraded to the free 10.8 update.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 11:00 AM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2013 11:34 AM in response to sinapda

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

If you do a clean installation, you will lose all iLife apps (iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand) because they are not included in OS X. However, after reinstalling OS X, you will be able to reinstall them for free from the Mac App Store. Open the Mac App Store, go to Purchases and download the iLife applications. Note that the latest version is only compatible with OS X Mavericks.

Also, make a backup of your files with Time Machine before upgrading and check that your apps are supported > http://www.roaringapps.com

I am planning to to a clean install of Mavericks on my MacBook Air 11" mid 2012. Will i lose out on the free apps like iPhoto and iMovie etc after the clean install? Has anyone done it yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.