Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv sound becomes muffled after 30-45 mins continuous play

Our Apple tv sound becomes distorted after about 30-45 minutes of continuous play. This happens regardless of if we are on Vevo, Netflix watching a movie, iTunes Radio, whatever, it happens regardless. We usually pause for about 5 minutes and the problem solves itself, but will happen again after another 30-45 minutes. Suggestions? Did we just get a bad box? does this have something to do with our internet??

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 12:27 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2014 9:06 PM in response to jmackling

I have the same problem with my Apple TV3. Whether I'm watching Netflix or streaming video from my home network, iphone, iPad, etc after 45 min or so the goes weird - I would describe it more like a digitized sound than muffled as the volume isn't really affected. As described in the initial post, I can pause the video for 5-10 min and it clears up for another 45-60 min or so. I don't have this issue with any other component on any other tv in the house so I figured it was the Apple TV, but this week I bought a Samsung blu-ray player & it did the exact same thing while watching a blu-ray. I tried it with Netflix - same result. Since I used the same type of HDMI cable as the Apple TV, I thought maybe the inexpensive cord was the issue. I swapped out the cord, but it made no difference. I got nothin'. Any help would be appreciated.

Apple tv sound becomes muffled after 30-45 mins continuous play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.