Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of "(iPhoto)" keyword?

Years back, when I migrated from iPhoto to Aperture, I imported tens of thousands of pictures that I had at that point. I've since been tagging all the new pictures with initials of my kids, but have run into a keyword problem I can't solve:

approx 1/2 of the photos have "DMW" applied, and the other 1/2 have what the keyword filter shows as "DMW (iPhoto)" as the keyword, despite me only seeing "DMW" in the keyword list and all the rest of the UX. I can't just "replace" keywords since most have other people in them picture and carry multiple other keywords.

This is the case for ~10 different keywords that I simply can't get rid of...any suggestions!?

~Douglas

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 3.06 Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 2:00 PM

You have two different DMW keywords - one at the toplevel of your hierarchie of keywords, and one DMW as a subcategory of "iPhoto". When you imported iPhoto, probably that keyworrd was created automatically.

You can merge these two keywords from the keywords HUD. Then the iPhoto version will be merged into the toplevel DMW keyword.

• Launch the Keywords HUD by typing ⇧H (or "Window > Show Keywords HUD").
  • When the HUD opens enter DMW into the search field.

User uploaded file

Now you will see two instances of DMW.

Drag the lower DMW down to the bottom of the HUD to move it to the toplevel.

Now you should see a warning.

Press "Merge Keywords".

All your DMW tagged photos will now have the same DMW tag.

Alternately you could delete the DMW(iPhoto) keyword using the delete button at the footer of the HUD. That will remove it from the photos.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2013 2:00 PM in response to Douglas Wirnowski

You have two different DMW keywords - one at the toplevel of your hierarchie of keywords, and one DMW as a subcategory of "iPhoto". When you imported iPhoto, probably that keyworrd was created automatically.

You can merge these two keywords from the keywords HUD. Then the iPhoto version will be merged into the toplevel DMW keyword.

• Launch the Keywords HUD by typing ⇧H (or "Window > Show Keywords HUD").
  • When the HUD opens enter DMW into the search field.

User uploaded file

Now you will see two instances of DMW.

Drag the lower DMW down to the bottom of the HUD to move it to the toplevel.

Now you should see a warning.

Press "Merge Keywords".

All your DMW tagged photos will now have the same DMW tag.

Alternately you could delete the DMW(iPhoto) keyword using the delete button at the footer of the HUD. That will remove it from the photos.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

Dec 26, 2013 3:25 PM in response to Douglas Wirnowski

You are welcome, Douglas.

(LOL...you apparently!)

Yes, I have to fix duplicate keywords more often than I like, when moving photos between iPhoto and Aperture. 😁

I see, you could figure it out, even with the ASC forum software messing up our screenshots.

I meant to post this as the second photo, but appently the forum software did not like it:

User uploaded file

How do I get rid of "(iPhoto)" keyword?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.