Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my trackpad button is hard to push

My macbook trackpad is very hard to push and it hasn't physical-tap-sound anymore. It's very smoother than before and hard to push. It's happen suddenly and I can't bring it to apple store because I live in Iran and as you may know Apple hasn't any support center in Iran at all. So what should I do with my Macbook?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.0.x), Macbook Pro Retina ME294

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 2:08 PM

Sounds like you may have a swollen battery, you should try to have his repaired as soon as you can, as it may cause further damage.

5 replies

Dec 26, 2013 2:34 PM in response to alikhalilifar

Maybe this could be some debris on the edge if the pad, you can try turning off the machine, disconnecting the power supply, and with a slightly damp soft cloth try pressing all the awy around and see if you can clean it out.

The hard to press track pad can quite offten be a swollen battery, and age sometimes has nothing to do with it. Sometimes a bad battery gets thru the inspection line.

Seeing as your MBP is new, I would take what ever steps you can to get it an Apple service center, as you have 14 days to exchange it for a different machine, or a refund.

You can try a SMC reset:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Follow directions for a battery you should not remove yourself, still sounds like a hardware issue.

All the best

Why my trackpad button is hard to push

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.