Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security

i frogot my security question and i don't have a rescue email i dont know what to do

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 3:14 PM

6 replies

Dec 26, 2013 3:16 PM in response to damian1910

The Three Best Alternatives for Security Questions and Rescue Mail

1. Use Apple's Express Lane.

Go to https://expresslane.apple.com ; click 'See all products and services' at the

bottom of the page. In the next page click 'More Products and Services, then

'Apple ID'. In the next page select 'Other Apple ID Topics' then 'Forgotten Apple

ID security questions' and click 'Continue'. Please be patient waiting for the return

phone call. It will come in time depending on how heavily the servers are being hit.

2. Call Apple Support in your country: Customer Service: Contacting Apple for supportor

Apple ID- Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security. Askto speak to

Account Security.

3. Rescue email address and how to reset Apple ID security questions.

How to Manage your Apple ID: Manage My Apple ID

Apr 14, 2015 3:42 PM in response to Kappy

Resetting rescue email & the like, once a security question is forgotten:

In 2015, this does not work!!!

While one might appreciate the fact that security is taken seriously by Apple, accounts which have a security question

(instead of a verification code) are subject to similar constraints AS having a verification code: you lose access to the account. PERIOD.

It apparently doesn’t matter if they’ve managed to identify you or not, and whether your credit card information is there or not - without one hit on a security question. irrespective of how old it is – you lose control of your account. A RESCUE email is apparenly not the same as an ALTERNATE email address from the user name with which it was originally opened.

Good-bye to whatever you’ve bought via iTunes or the appstore that is 3rd party, or music!!!

Not customer friendly there, unfortunately.

Apr 17, 2015 8:34 AM in response to petermac87

What are you calling “rubbish?"

What I said is correct. I have confirmation from an Apple “Security advisor."

Please elaborate if you know differently, rather than declare it rubbish & disappear. If you know otherwise, you have not added to the conversation.

You can get Apple updates, but will lose UPDATE access to your 3rd party apps in the locked account.

Once an account is locked, & you cannot get the email – there is no way in without correct answers to security questions, or a rescue email (which is different than an ALTERNATE email address).

One retains whatever music & apps are local.

However, updates depend upon cloud access.

Security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.