Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to sync Oz the Great and Powerful digital download to Ipod nano 7th gen. Won't perform function.... what the issue?

I am trying to sync a digital copy of Oz the Great and Powerful to my new Ipod Nano 7th gen. It says it cannot be played on this Ipod. i purchased it for my daughter for just this reason as well as for music. Music is syncing fine but the videos wont. What's the issue.

iPod nano, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 4:44 PM

If the video is HD, the resolution is too high for the iPod's screen, so iTunes will not sync the video.

If this is a purchase from the iTunes Store, and you paid for the HD version, you may be entitled to also download the SD version (at no cost), which should sync to the iPod.

FYI - There is a command in iTunes to create a new version of the video, which should sync to iPods

menu bar -> File -> Create New Version -> Create iPod or iPhone Version

However, videos purchased from the iTunes Store (such as movies and TV shows) have copy protection, so that command is disabled.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2013 4:44 PM in response to rickduarte

If the video is HD, the resolution is too high for the iPod's screen, so iTunes will not sync the video.

If this is a purchase from the iTunes Store, and you paid for the HD version, you may be entitled to also download the SD version (at no cost), which should sync to the iPod.

FYI - There is a command in iTunes to create a new version of the video, which should sync to iPods

menu bar -> File -> Create New Version -> Create iPod or iPhone Version

However, videos purchased from the iTunes Store (such as movies and TV shows) have copy protection, so that command is disabled.

trying to sync Oz the Great and Powerful digital download to Ipod nano 7th gen. Won't perform function.... what the issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.