Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Bookmarks are not syncing - Can we erase all content on iCloud and start over?

I have encountered an issue where my bookmarks don't sync anymore. Everything was great for a year or longer, but now my devices are not in sync, are partially in sync, or plain blank.

I was hoping for some guidance to wipe out all the bookmark, iCloud Tab and Reading List data from Safari on all computers and iCloud itself. Then I can designate one the master, restore the data and then HOPEFULLY get things back in check. All the help docs and googling I've tried is not working. Thinking it may need something more drastic like Resetting safari on my computers and somehow getting data out of iCloud.

This is what I have to work with:

2013 iMac 27" -> Close to perfect. Bookmarks are good, and are backed up multiple times. Reading list is short.

2013 MacBook Air -> Bookmarks are there, were restored from an export, can see iCloud Tabs, reading list is correct.

iPhone 5 -> Has all the folders for my bookmarks (1000 or more) but the actual bookmarks are missing.

iPad Mini Retina -> Has some of the folders for my bookmarks - the actual bookmarks are missing, plus there are a number of Imported .... folders and extra Favorites Bar folders that either have partial or no bookmarks. iCloud Tabs show the iMac and the MacBook. Reading List is empty.

I ahve a MacPoro and a Mac Mini that are both out of the loop, I turned off iCloud on them while we troubleshoot this.

See? It's a bloody mess! <G>

Any help would be most appreciated!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 4:43 PM

5 replies

Dec 27, 2013 1:31 PM in response to randers4

Yeah, I literally have tried everything except deleting my iCloud account (I'm close, but that would require so many changes that it is way too painful to consider at this point).

I am still waiting to hear back from Apple Support. Hopefully something can be done, or they can do a reset on their end.

Thanks for taking the time to respond though, much appreciated!

iCloud Bookmarks are not syncing - Can we erase all content on iCloud and start over?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.