Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to correctly sort track numbers?

Recently, I have purchased an album from the iTunes store that I had purchased in the past, but have repurchased now. As many times as I try to get the track numbers to be correctly sorted, it refuses to work. The album currently look likes this:

User uploaded file

And as you can see (maybe... the picture looks very small) tracks 3-25 are listed in order, but at the end tracks 1 and 2 are just sitting there, out of order. I looked at the metadata for all of these files and every single thing matches. I tried redownloading tracks 1 and 2 from the opposite album and then fixing the metadata, but it STILL wouldn't work. In the actual Music folder in finder, all the tracks have the right names, and seem to be in order. I tried changing the viewing settings to view by Track Number but it still won't work. If anyone could help me, I'd be very grateful!!

Post-note: I repurchased it because the item had been taken off the store, and re-added with a digital booklet, which I wanted. The original copy of the album isn't available in the U.S. iTunes store anymore, but I was still able to download the songs from it through iCloud.

Message was edited by: Themalter

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 6:03 PM

Nevermind! I'm sorry I didn't find this other thread earlier but it was the same issue I had, and it solved my problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5120352?answerId=22304574022#22304574022

^ There is the link to the discussion if someone wants to use it.

1 reply

How to correctly sort track numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.