6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2013 6:22 PM by contraduncan
contraduncan Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

hi everyone,

I just bought a year's subscription to iTunes Match and most of my songs have been matched. The only thing is... I have no idea where to find these matches? I know they are supposed to be in my iCloud and I want to access my cloud from my mac (I'm using OS X 10.7.5.. no idea at all if that's relevant but just in case) and download my matches but I have no idea where to get them from.

I feel like there must be some huge thing that I'm missing here because it sounds like it should be obvious and easy, but I have no clue what I am supposed to do. Any help? Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • 1. Re: Where can I find the songs in my icloud?
    xxkubaaa Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Go to settings>music and turn on show all music

• 2. Re: Where can I find the songs in my icloud?

No, I need to find them on my iMac.

But thanks anyway

• 3. Re: Where can I find the songs in my icloud?
    Jimzgoldfinch Level 5 Level 5 (4,700 points)

Hi,

You will find the music in your iTunes library. iCloud is a different product and does not store music.

iTunes Match scans your library, matches or uploads your music. Nothing happens to the music on your computer - uploaded tracks go to Apples servers.

Make sure you add iCloud status, bit rate and file type columns are shown in match. iCloud status will show if tracks have been matched, uploaded, purchased, inelligible, duplicate or waiting.

Matched - if bit rate for your original track is less than 256 kpbs, you can delete track from library but not from cloud and download upgrade matched AAC file.

Uploaded - don't need to anything here as the files in match are the same except of the file was a lossless or aiff file where they are transcribed to 256 Kbps for upload - files on computer not changed.

Purchased - not need to do anything if already 256 Kbps purchased audio files but if the track is 128 Kbps protected AAC then you may be able to upgrade by deleting original and downloading 256 version. Some protected files may not be upgraded as song is no longer in iTunes Store - sometimes these tracks are matched and upgraded version downloaded

Jim

• 4. Re: Where can I find the songs in my icloud?

Oh right, ok thanks.

But I guess my main question is for the 'matched' part... where do I download the AAC file?

• 5. Re: Where can I find the songs in my icloud?
    Jimzgoldfinch Level 5 Level 5 (4,700 points)

Hi,

Go into itune, song view with iCloud Status, bit rate and file type colums showing. Find those tracks with iCloud status match.

To upgrade from lower bit rate or replace mp3 with AAC, select the tracks required, ctrl + click and select delete, in pop up do not tick delete from from cloud then move file to trash. After doing this, each track will have a download icon.

Click on this and track will start to download. To download multiple track, select, ctrl + click and select download from pop up.

Jim

• 6. Re: Where can I find the songs in my icloud?

Wonderful! Thank you!