Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPod Music transfer: G2 to G5

i recently got the iPod 5 and theres a song i want from there, but the song isn't in the iTunes store (anymore). just on the G2 iPod which i've had in a while. the song isn't in my iTunes library, but it shows up when i plug in my G2 iPod into the computer (not the G5 though). is there any way i could transfer the song from my G2 iPod to my G5 iPod without losing any other songs and/or information? or is there a way i could transfer the song to a disc?

iPod touch (2nd generation), iOS 4.2, the G2 is old but still works

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 7:15 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2013 10:40 PM in response to Raja0104

Your iPods are iPod touch models, correct? That's an important distinction...

iTunes syncing is generally on one direction, from iTunes library to iPod. You cannot use iTunes to transfer song files from iPod to computer (except for songs purchased from the iTunes Store). However, there are third-party utilities that can transfer from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod touch transfer," you should get some relevant links. NOTE: Some of the methods that work for "regular" iPods, do not work with iPod touch.

Old iPod Music transfer: G2 to G5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.