Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the @mac.com mail dying ?

I am having problems to receive and send mail on my main mac.. I tried to uncheck my @Mac.com mail from iCloud prefs and recheck it after it.. the result is awkard as I see it with @me.com now..

Anyone knowns if @mac.com mails will work further in the future?

Thanks in advance!!!

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Server app installed

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 7:35 PM

7 replies

Dec 27, 2013 9:08 AM in response to piratx

There are no informations indicating that @mac.com email address won't work in the future, however I heard from some other users that they also had problems to send and receive emails with their @mac.com email address. Some of them fixed the issue by setting up their iCloud accounts again by using their @me.com or @icloud.com email address just for the configuration. Of course the @mac.com address still worked as alias and primary address for sending and receiving messages.

Dec 27, 2013 9:12 AM in response to David Menzel

I am using my @mac.com account for everything right now! I mean for Apple ID, mail, iCloud, GSX and all these things. Bad things are: first the thing with my mail doesnt work now and second the thing that my iCloud account wont sync any 3rd party apps on my iPhone or iPad. Apps like Clear, Tweetbot or anything else..

I've been trying to solve this issue since January with Apple Care and countless hours on calls with Apple but still that thing wont work like it works with my temp iCloud account I made just to test such things!

Dec 27, 2013 1:34 PM in response to Csound1

@Csound1: Well the thing is I have tried with @me.com mail and it works. I am also using @mac.com only for my Apple ID, iCloud, Mail etc etc. The only thing that wont work with it is Documents & Settings syncing.. and it's the Apple ID that has the problem, I triple checked it with a new Apple ID I made for test.

I talked many times with Apple on the phone and they say they don't know what will happen with the mac.com addresses but the only thing is sure from them is that they are going to disable it slowly.. bad news, I hope this will never happen, I am using this mail since 99 with iTools. 😟

Does the @mac.com mail dying ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.