Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Not Exporting?

I've been working on a project for weeks now in FCP X and now that I need to export the project from Final Cut it won't work. The problem started when I would go to share > export movie and it would simply not do anything anymore, no error message no nothing. As a result of this I purchased Compressor 4, this solved my problem temporarily but now has stopped working to; what happens is I click: share > export using compressor settings > next > save, this opens the share monitor which displays the project as "processing" a couple minutes later and the project is still in the processing stage, finally, with no progress done and the loading screen still displayed the export "fails" and it gives me a message: Video Rendering Error: 60. Now, if I try to export through the compressor once I set the target and setting the app stops responding and I can't start the batch.

I have tried every export option, I can't even export as a DVD, I have plenty of space on my hardrive, my project is rendered and basicly everything should work... but it doesn't.

Thanks for your help,

Nick

P.S. I also believe this started after the 10.9.1 update FYI.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 8:46 PM

65 replies

Dec 31, 2013 1:34 PM in response to Bluezcarz

I had the same issue and now declare it solved. I ferreted out two problems. First, yes, turn "App Nap" off.

But then the export would still stall at 48% in FCPX and also Compressor (Compressor would just stop the export at around 50%).

So what I did was to create a new project in the same library. Copy the whole movie, clips, transitions, audio and all, into the new project.

Then I worked my way backwards from the end, deleting files and then trying to "Share" or "Export". The program kept on stalling until I found the one offending clip. What was wrong with that clip? Who knows!! Once I deleted that clip I was able to Share a 1080p movie that is about 10 minutes long in about 2 minutes.

Dec 31, 2013 6:40 PM in response to Bluezcarz

To Bluezcarz...

In Final Cut Pro (as in iMovie) you are not working with the original files when you create a project. Those remain untouched in their appropriate locations in your Library folders.

What you do, again, is create a New Project in the same Library. Then select ALL the clips and transitions in the project, then copy them, then paste them into the New Project. I called the new Project "Test". You will now have a duplicate of the project that wouldn't export.

Next, in "Test", I started working from the end of the project and started deleting groups (say six or seven clips with transitions and music). Then I tried to Export the abridged file. If it still stalled, I shut FCP down, reopened it, and then selected the next group of files and transitions and deleted them.

Once I got to a paired down version of the project that DID export, I went to the edit menu and "Undo Delete" the last group of clips I deleted. Then I deleted one by one and tried to export. Eventually I found the one clip that was causing the problem.

Once I found that, I went back to the original project and deleted that one clip. You may have to adjust the audio clips because you've shortened your video, of course. When I exported that original project without that one clip, it worked fine.

When I was sure I had the problem licked, I simply deleted "Test".

By the way, no, you do not corrupt or mess up anything. Remember all the original movie etc. material is untouched in FCP and iMovie and still can be found in their Library folders.

Jan 1, 2014 4:47 PM in response to fastprof

Fastprof, what did you do after that? i'm having the same sort of problem but my project is 35 min long and has a whack load of color grading and such. fcpx just quits all the time and cant even start an export, when i send to compressor 4 it works on it for 6-12 minutes then i get the video render error 3. and cant move forward. assuming i have a troublesome clip,( which would be awful as there are over 500 clips in project) were you able to replace it afterwards? i cant just leave it out.

any other ideas? fcpx just quits as soon as i try to export regardless of setting. any help would be great!

thanks.

Final Cut Pro X Not Exporting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.