Im a new user here but not new to mac. I've come up with a problem that I can't solve on my own, and I hope that someone here can shed some light or point me to a proper solution in time.
It's happened to me twice already, this one being the 2nd, luckily the first had a backup, but not this time around. Currently Im working on a short film for a film contest due on the 30th. I had my Imac running premiere pro CS6, it was on for the day. When I came back to it, I noticed one of my sequences with videos were gone. I shot with 2 cameras and the main camera files went missing. Folder is still there in the HDD and the metadata files linking the files to premiere are there, but the actual videos are gone.
There were 2 folders made for each camera for that day. The 2nd camera folders remained intact. Nothing except cfa and pek files were in the main folder.
These are the things I did:
- unhid all files via terminal. nothing.
- checked trash. nothing
- searched name via spotlight. nothing.
- scan with iskysoft data recovery. found files but after recovering they ended up being another video from another folder. weird.
- used disk utility on external hdd, verified disk, no errors.
- used disk utility, repaired disk anyway
- I used parallels and searched with windows to see if it was a finder error. Nothing
- currently deep scanning the hdd using Ontrack Easyrecovery and Disk Drill
Here are a couple things. I have the same file name for a few a videos, since they're numbered like 00008.mts, but they're in completely different folders on the same hard drive. Could this be a problem? If so, I've never had a problem like this before. This has happened before in a similar situation.
If you know what this problem is or have a helpful solution, let me know please! Im desperate.
Thank you in advance,