Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record enable button disappeared Logic Pro X

I have been using Logic Pro X for several months without any problems but now the Record Enable Button has disappeared.

There is a space where it should be. If I choose "Hide Record Enable" the space disappears, but choosing "Show Record Enable" results in only a blank space where R used to be.

I have checked my hardware settings and my audio input appears like it should.

The problem is not appearing on my MacBook so I tried creating a new file and importing it to my desdtop Mac (Mini), but when I did this the Record Enable button promptly disappeared.

intel MacMini and intel MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 10:16 AM

14 replies

Jan 7, 2014 9:16 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

I downloaded the MobilePre Drivers, which made the Record button reappear. Logic appears to see the mic since I can hear and see my volume levels, but when I hit record the play head moves but no recording happens.

In fact, I seem to have made things worse because now when I remove the MobilePre and use a XLR to USB adapter, I also get no recording even though I can see the sound levels in Logic.

Jan 7, 2014 10:37 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

The Uninstall app doesn't work. It generates the following error message: "That operation failed due to error 5364."

There is a similar discussion going on in the m-audio community but I haven't been able to sign up there because their site keeps rejecting my passwords.

http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio/topics/m_track_no_longer_works_with_latest_ logic_pro_x_update_10_0_5_and_other_users_are_reporting_the

Jan 7, 2014 10:46 AM in response to DocArtemis

Yes... I know they are having all kinds of issues over at M-Audio's forums...

Bear in mind though that M-Audio no longer supports the MobilePre.. It is now an Avid supported product..... hence the link I gave to the Avid drivers... after the change in ownership that happened last year.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=media.new_era

...so try the Avid forums instead....

Jan 7, 2014 11:33 AM in response to DocArtemis

Since I could not un-install the MobilePre Driver without a major effort AND since I can record in other software such as GarageBand and WireTap Studio, my husband decided to look for LogicPro bugs. We found that some people have had to start a new recording, so we tried that and it seemed to work.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100383

Jun 5, 2014 10:31 PM in response to Banjo-Jim

Well, yes.. but thats how you are meant to assign/select an Audio device in every version of Logic... going back several major versions now. You had to have done that in Logic Pro 8 or 9 in the past.. You probably just forgot you had to do so initially.

Anyhow...

The problem described in this thread was caused by incompatible drivers and a change made to LPX during an update...

...and was not caused by the OP failing to select the Audio interface correctly in audio prefs in the first place...

Cheers..

Nigel

Record enable button disappeared Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.